Effective Date: July 28, 2020
Welcome to SafeSet, an app created by Safe Haus LLC (“Safe Haus,” “we,” “our,” or “us”). We respect your privacy and want to protect your Personal Information.
1. What Information We Collect
A. Information You Provide to Us
In connection with the Services we provide, we may ask you to provide us with certain information below, collectively known as “Personal Information”:
• Your email address and mobile number.
• Your address and/or other contact information for your household.
• Your employment status and/or your employer.
• Medical and/or health information relating to coronavirus (COVID-19), such as your responses to a questionnaire or a negative test of the coronavirus COVID-19 within a certain timeframe prior to granting access to a set. You might be required to show this evidence or additional proof at a later time, and you may be required to update this information periodically.
• Your physical and/or geolocation information; and/or
• Other information that could reasonably be used to identify you personally or identify your household or device as identified at the time of collection.
You may also be issued a Test ID, a Global ID, and a Set Member ID. These identification numbers will be de-identified and/or hashed prior to use in the App. Your information will be stored locally on your device and not on our servers.
B. Information That Is Automatically Collected
In addition to information that you choose to submit to us, we and/or our service providers may automatically collect and/or store certain information when you visit or interact with the App (“Usage Information”). This Usage Information may be stored and/or accessed from your mobile phone or other device (a “Device”) whenever you visit or interact with the App. Usage Information may include:
• Your IP address, IDFA, Android/Google Advertising ID, IMEI, or another unique identifier
• Your Device functionality (including browser, browser language, operating system, hardware, mobile network information);
• Referring and exit web pages and URLs;
• The areas within the App that you visit and your activities there, including remembering you and your preferences;
• Your Device location or other geolocation information regarding the location from which you accessed the Services;
• Your Device characteristics; and
• Certain other Device data, including the time of day you visit the App.
We may use various methods and technologies to store or collect Usage Information (“Tracking Technologies”). Tracking Technologies may set, change, alter or modify settings or configurations on your Device. A few of the Tracking Technologies used on the App), include, but are not limited to, the following (as well as future-developed tracking technology or methods that are not listed here):
• Cookies. A cookie is a file placed on a Device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information on your Device. The App may use HTTP cookies, HTML5 cookies, Flash cookies and other types of cookie technology to store information on local storage.
• Web Beacons. A Web Beacon is a small tag (which may be invisible to you) that may be placed on the App’s pages and messages.
• Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the App, such as the links you click on.
• ETag, or entity tag. An Etag or entity tag is a feature of the cache in browsers. It is an opaque identifier assigned by a web server to a specific version of a resource found at a URL.
• Browser Fingerprinting. Collection and analysis of information from your Device, such as, without limitation, your operating system, plug-ins, system fonts and other data, for purposes of identification.
• Recognition Technologies. Technologies, including application of statistical probability to data sets, which attempt to recognize or make assumptions about users and devices (e.g., that a user of multiple devices is the same user).
We may use Tracking Technologies for a variety of purposes, including:
• To allow you to use and access the App, including for the prevention of fraudulent activity and improved security functionality;
• To assess the performance of the App, including as part of our analytic practices or otherwise to improve the content, products or services offered through the App; and
• To offer you enhanced functionality when accessing the App, including identifying you when you sign into the App or keeping track of your specified preferences or to track your online activities over time and across third-party sites.
D. Information We Collect When You Interact with Third-Party Apps
2. Why We Collect Information
We may use your information for various purposes, including:
• Responding to your requests for information;
• Providing Services to you, your employer, or your workplace;
• Verifying your device;
• Verifying your identity and for fraud prevention;
• Verifying your location on a live set and/or your authorization on set;
• Providing you with updates and information by push notification;
• Improving the effectiveness of the App, our marketing endeavors, and our product and service offerings;
• Identifying your product and service preferences;
• Helping us address problems with and improve the App and our products and services, including testing and creating new products, features, and services;
• Protecting the security and integrity of the App, including understanding and resolving any technical and security issues reported on the App;
• Engaging in analysis, research, and reports regarding the use of the App and Services;
• For internal business purposes;
• Complying with the law and protecting the safety, rights, property or security of Safe Haus, the Services, and the general public;
• Communicating with public health authorities relating to reporting obligations; and
3. When We Disclose Information
We may aggregate, de-identify, and/or anonymize any information collected through the App or Services such that such information is no longer linked to your Personal Information, including your Test ID, Global ID, and Set Member ID. We may use and share this aggregated and anonymized information (non-Personal Information) for any purpose, including without limitation, for research and marketing purposes, analytics, research, and may also share such aggregated data with affiliates and third parties.
• To inform you, your employer and/or your worksite of a potential exposure or positive diagnosis of coronavirus (COVID-19) or other medical condition that necessitates potential testing, notification, quarantine, or isolation of you or of others;
• To comply with other orders and guidelines within a public health emergency;
• To comply with a validly issued and enforceable subpoena or summons;
• In conjunction with a prospective purchase, sale, or merger of all or part of our practice, provided that we take appropriate precautions (for example, through a written confidentiality agreement) so the prospective purchaser or merger partner does not disclose information obtained in the course of the review;
• As a part of any actual or threatened legal proceedings or alternative dispute resolution proceedings either initiated by or against us, provided we disclose only the information necessary to file, pursue, or defend against the lawsuit and take reasonable precautions to ensure that the information disclosed does not become a matter of public record;
• To provide information to affiliates of the Company and nonaffiliated third parties who perform services or functions for us in conjunction with our services to you, but only if we have a contractual agreement with the other party which prohibits them from disclosing or using the information other than for the purposes for which it was disclosed.
4. Your Choices About the Information We Collect
If you do not wish to receive non-transactional e-mails from us, email us at email@example.com to opt out or click the link in the email to “unsubscribe.” Your request to opt out will not affect our ability to send you push notifications and/or transactional emails relating to your interactions on set and/or potential exposure to coronavirus. For the App to work effectively, you must enable push notifications. If you delete the App, you may not receive these notifications and/or emails.
Please note that certain of your Personal Information, such as your name or other basic identifying information, may remain in our database even after a deletion request in order to maintain the integrity and historical record of our database and systems, or to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
5. Children’s Privacy
The App is not intended for use by children under the age of 16. We do not request, or knowingly collect, any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 16 who you believe has provided their information to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the deletion of that information.
6. Do Not Track Disclosures
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a web browser setting that requests that a web application disable its tracking of an individual user. When you choose to turn on the DNT setting in your browser, your browser sends a special signal to websites, analytics companies, ad networks, plug in providers, and other web services you encounter while browsing to stop tracking your activity. Various third parties are developing or have developed signals or other mechanisms for the expression of consumer choice regarding the collection of information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services (e.g., browser do not track signals), but there is no universally-agreed upon standard for what a company should do when it detects a DNT signal. Currently, we do not monitor or take any action with respect to these signals or other mechanisms. You can learn more about Do Not Track here.
7. Updating Personal Information
We prefer to keep your Personal Information accurate and up to date. If you would like to change your contact information, please make appropriate changes in the App or contact us at email@example.com. We will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our active databases as soon as reasonably practicable (but we may retain prior information as business records).
We incorporate commercially reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your Personal Information. However, no data transmission over the Internet, mobile networks, wireless transmission, or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from the App, and you provide us with your information at your own risk.
10. Your California Privacy Rights
Third Party Marketing. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Safe Haus does not share any personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes at this time.